Information We Collect
There are several different ways in which we collect information from visitors on our website and in person:
- From online requests for information (i.e. e-mail newsletters, contact forms, etc.)
- From online requests for materials from our organization (i.e. requesting a free offer)
- From online donations. The information we collect online includes name, address, city, state, ZIP/postal code, telephone number, e-mail address, and, in the case of online donations or online shopping, credit card number and expiration date. In order to continuously improve our service to you and tailor our future communications to you, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your demographics, comments, professional interests, and contact preferences.
- From visits to our office by donors who wish to donate monetary and inkind items by completing and receiving a donation receipt form.
- From visits to our Home Store by collecting email addresses and other contact information.
- From event and campaign mailings. We may from time to time send to donors on our mailing list a request for donations by mail.
- By filling out a contact information card at one of our many events or for a campaign.
How the Information is Used
No Sharing of Personal Information
YOTO will not share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. The only exception to this is if the donor has given YOTO specific permission to share or sell personal information. Otherwise, the use of your personal information will be limited to further the activities of YOTO. Youth On Their Own assures you that the identity of all who contact us through this Web site will be kept confidential.
YOTO is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect both online and offline. YOTO uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Any information you enter is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, and then de-encrypted at our server.
Children’s Online Privacy
We are concerned about the privacy of young children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 18. We encourage you to become involved with your child’s access to the Internet and to our site in order to ensure that his or her privacy is well protected. To read more about online safety and how to become more involved with your child’s online experience, visit the Federal Trade Commission Web site. You may also benefit from the information and resources available on ProtectKids.com.
Links to Outside Sites
This website links to documents located on websites maintained by other organizations or individuals. Once you access a link to another website, please be aware that YOTO is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List
We give you the opportunity to remove your name from our postal mailing list so that you do not receive any future communications from our organization. If you desire to permanently remove your name, please e-mail [email protected] request this change.
If you determine that our information about you is inaccurate or it has changed, you may modify information by sending an e-mail to [email protected]