Join the YOTO Board of Directors
Serving on the YOTO Board of Directors is an opportunity to invest in your community and broaden your understanding of the issue of youth homelessness. Your passion and skills can make a difference!
Benefits of board service:
- Grow your skills in financial literacy, governance, fundraising, and program design
- Enhance your organizational and team leadership
- Become an effective advocate
- Broaden your perspective
- Build your network
- Feel great about making a difference!
About Board Service
- YOTO’s board meets 8 times per year
- Board members serve on a committee; committees meet quarterly or monthly
- Board member terms are 3 years and members can serve 2 consecutive terms
- New board members start in January and July each year
- Board members make an annual financial contribution that is personally significant for them
Board Member Roles & Responsibilities
You can see the full Board Member Job Description here.
Anyone with a passion for advancing YOTO’s mission is a great candidate for board service! We believe that our community must be centered in the work we do. We make an effort to ensure that the diverse experiences of our community members, and specifically our students, are represented in our decision-making. Per YOTO’s bylaws, at least one YOTO graduate must serve on the board at all times. Individuals with lived experience with food insecurity or housing insecurity are encouraged to apply. We also hope to increase the number of board members who live within the Tucson or South Tucson city limits. In terms of skillsets, we are actively recruiting board members with expertise in accounting, finance, fundraising, and issue advocacy.
How To Apply
You can access the board member application online here.