Volunteer with YOTO
Youth On Their Own (YOTO) truly values the time, expertise, and talents of our volunteers. Opportunities vary in scope, frequency, and time commitment. The two main categories for volunteer opportunities at YOTO are Individual Volunteer Opportunities and Group Volunteer Opportunities. Current opportunities are listed below!
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Youth On Their Own is not currently accepting new volunteers or filling positions. We will be moving to our new location at the end of 2023 and will need assistance at that time.
If you would like to be added to our list for an Individual Volunteer position, please fill out the Volunteer Application. When positions are open again, we will be in touch to schedule an interview with you. Or, check back at a later date and complete the application when we begin to take new volunteers once more.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee that a volunteer position is currently available at Youth On Their Own.
- Individual Volunteers must commit to at least four hours each week.
- YOTO recommends that all volunteers receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A background check is required for all Individual Volunteers.
- YOTO does not offer mentorship or tutoring opportunities with youth. If you are interested in working directly with youth, we suggest you reach out to organizations in town that specialize in mentorship such as Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
If you have a group interested in doing a volunteer activity, please email Carissa McGrath, Volunteer & Events Coordinator, at [email protected].